- 1 Gather documents. Preparing an application varies in complexity.
- 2 Submit application. Many visas can be applied for online.
- 3 Wait for visa decision. We’ll assess your application as soon as we can.
- 4 Arrive in New Zealand.
How much money do I need to immigrate to New Zealand?
To apply you’ll need at least NZ$100,000 to invest, as well as a detailed business plan. This skilled migrant visa offers permanent residency to workers whose skills are in demand (on any of the shortage lists) but don’t have a job offer before arrival.
Is Immigration NZ accepting visa applications?
We have enhanced Immigration Online. You can still access applications, documents or eVisas in the old system.
How long does it take to get a skilled migrant visa for New Zealand?
How long does it take to get a Skilled Migrant visa for New Zealand? Processing times vary over time, but on average prioritised applications take 4-7 months, while non-prioritised applications take 10-18 months.
How do you apply for an immigrant visa?
- In most cases, someone must sponsor you or file an immigrant petition for you.
- Wait until the petition is approved and a visa is available in your category. Then apply for an immigrant visa.
- Get a medical examination.
- Go to an interview.
- Wait for a decision on your application.
What is the easiest way to immigrate to New Zealand?
- Job Offer or current job.
- Work experience.
- Extra points for experience in New Zealand.
- Extra points for work experience in a listed employment sector.
- Additional points for work experience in identified future growth areas.
- Additional points for study in New Zealand.
Is immigration to New Zealand easy?
The process of moving to New Zealand is not as straightforward as it might seem. It requires months of preparation and negotiating serious rules and regulations to relocate to this island nation, particularly when you are importing your household goods and pets into the country.
How long does immigrant visa processing take?
Generally speaking, a fair timeframe is approximately 6-10 months from the filing of the immigrant petition to approval at the U.S. Consulate. Timeframes can vary depending on backlogs of cases at both the USCIS and the U.S. Consulate abroad.
Is immigration to New Zealand Open?
You can travel to New Zealand now if you are: a New Zealand citizen. a New Zealand permanent resident or resident visa holder. the partner or dependent child of a New Zealand citizen or resident, and you hold a visa based on this relationship.
Can a NZ citizen sponsor an immigrant?
Visa applications can be sponsored by New Zealand citizens and residents, and organisations like registered companies, incorporated societies, charitable trusts, and government agencies.
Do I qualify to immigrate to New Zealand?
- skills and experience that are in short supply here — you can check these in the Long Term Skill Shortage List.
- qualifications and registration, if needed, in your area of expertise, and.
- been offered a job that: uses your skills and experience.
How can I get permanent residence in New Zealand?
If you have a New Zealand residence visa and have been living in New Zealand for 2 years or more, you may be eligible for a Permanent Resident Visa, which would allow you to travel to and from New Zealand any time you like.
What skills are in demand in New Zealand?
- Arts and Media.
- Hospitality, Tourism and Recreation.
- Farming, Fishing, Forestry and Mining.
- Construction and Infrastructure.
- Health and Community.
- IT and Telecommunications.
- Education and Social Sciences.
What are the 4 types of immigrants?
These Are the Four Types of Immigration Statuses in the US. When immigrating to the US, there are four different immigration status categories that immigrants may fall into: citizens, residents, non-immigrants, and undocumented immigrants.
Who can sponsor an immigrant?
All sponsors must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, be at least 18 years old, and be living in the United States (including territories and possessions) when they file the affidavit of support. When and how do I file the affidavit of support? You do not need to file it with your I-130 petition.
How long is immigrant visa valid for?
You must arrive in and apply for admission to the United States no later than the visa expiration date printed on your visa. An immigrant visa is usually valid for up to six months from the date of issuance unless your medical examination expires sooner, which may make your visa valid for less than six months.