- 1 Gather documents. Preparing an application varies in complexity.
- 2 Submit application. Many visas can be applied for online.
- 3 Wait for visa decision. We’ll assess your application as soon as we can.
- 4 Arrive in New Zealand.
How do I qualify to immigrate to New Zealand?
- Identity. You must provide proof of your identity.
- Character. You must be of good character.
- Health. You must be in good health.
- English language. You must be able to speak English.
- Age. You must be 55 years or under when you apply for residence.
- Skilled employment.
- Work experience.
What is the easiest way to migrate to New Zealand?
- Immigrate as a “skilled immigrant”.
- Obtain a work visa or work permit.
- Invest in New Zealand.
- Obtain a long-term business visa.
- Request residence based on family status.
- Retire in New Zealand.
- Purchase a franchise in your current country.
- Plan your move to New Zealand.
How much money do I need to immigrate to New Zealand?
To apply you’ll need at least NZ$100,000 to invest, as well as a detailed business plan. This skilled migrant visa offers permanent residency to workers whose skills are in demand (on any of the shortage lists) but don’t have a job offer before arrival.
Is it hard to immigrate to New Zealand?
New Zealand is quite stringent on the number of immigrants it allows in the country each year. In most cases, immigration to New Zealand even requires being under the age of 55 and being a skilled worker. There are various visas allowing you to immigrate to New Zealand, the following are some of the most popular one’s.
What jobs are in demand in New Zealand?
- Nurse. Salary Range: NZD 52K to 80K per year.
- Administrative Assistant. Salary Range: NZD 47K to 71K per year.
- Child Welfare Worker. Salary Range: NZD 48K to 66K.
- Psychologist. Salary Range: NZD 72K to 103K per year.
- Machine Operator.
- Construction Worker.
How can I immigrate to New Zealand without a job offer?
- Post Study Work Visa.
- Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa.
- Religious Worker Work Visa.
- Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Work Visa.
- Long Term Skill Shortage List Work Visa.
- Silver Fern Practical Experience Work Visa.
- Trafficking Victim Work Visa.
- Migrant Exploitation Protection Work Visa.
What is the age limit for a working visa in New Zealand?
Most work visas do not have an age limit. The Working holiday visa is designed for young people, aged 18-30 or 35, depending on Citizenship. This option lets you travel and work in New Zealand for up to 12 months, or 23 months if you’re from the UK or Canada.
Is there an age limit to emigrate to NZ?
The requirements for emigration to New Zealand are a little lower than to Australia. You can be aged up to and including 55 years old, and the list of occupations in demand by New Zealand includes more manual labour, such as bakers, scaffolders, roofers and parachute trainers.
What are the 4 types of immigration?
To begin with, let’s look at the four types of immigration status that exist: citizens, residents, non-immigrants and undocumented. The characteristics of each status are explained below.
What are the disadvantages of living in New Zealand?
Everything is expensive, lack of job/career opportunities, far from everywhere. Houses are too expensive, renting an apartment almost take all your salary. As much as we would like to see NZ expanding its population, there’s a lack of job opportunities for locals and new migrants which is the main drawback.
Is moving to New Zealand a good idea?
New Zealand is a great place to start and raise a family. Along with affordable, quality education, we give children the opportunity to get close to nature and enjoy a diverse range of healthy sport, recreation, and adventure activities. Expat families find New Zealand has a great sense of community.
Is it easier to get PR in Canada or NZ?
If we compare the time taken by both countries to process resident applications, Immigration NZ is on the higher side which is taking up to 25 months, whereas Canada is taking 3-12 months, which includes processing those applicants who applied from overseas.
What is the cheapest country to immigrate to?
- Vietnam. For those wanting to live and work in an exotic place, but not pay a fortune, Vietnam is any budget travelers dream.
- Costa Rica.
- South Africa.
- South Korea.
Is education free in New Zealand for immigrants?
Your child’s education is free between the ages of 5 and 19 at state schools (schools that are government owned and funded) if they’re a New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident. Schooling is compulsory from age 6–16.
What’s minimum wage in NZ?
The minimum wage rate in New Zealand is $21.20 per hour. If you have adult employees earning less than minimum wage, you are legally required to pay the minimum wage.