- Must be a Ghanaian citizen by birth with no criminal record.
- Must possess a first Degree from an accredited University.
- Must have completed National Service.
- Must be of a minimum age of 21years and not more than 35 years by 31st December, 2021.
- Must be physically and medically fit.
How long does it take to become an immigration officer in Ghana?
Ghana Immigration Service Training takes a maximum period of 18 months for regular career course (RCC) officer cadets and 6 months for the short service and special duties commission (SSC/SD) officer cadets.
How do I become an airport immigration officer in Ghana?
- GRADUATE ENTRY [GENERAL DUTIES] Must be a Ghanaian citizen by birth with no criminal record.
- DIPLOMA (STENOGRAPHERS)
- HND [CATERING/INSTITUTIONAL MANAGEMENT]
- NON-GRADUATE ENTRY [RECRUITS – GENERAL DUTIES]
How many immigration training schools are in Ghana?
The ISATS is made up of Two (2) Schools: the Immigration Service Academy (ISA) and the Immigration Service Training School (ISTS).
What is the current salary for Ghana Immigration Service?
The average salary of the Ghana Immigration Service is GHS 700.00 – GHS 3,336 per month.
How long is Ghana Immigration Service Training?
About Ghana Immigration Service Training Ghana Immigration Service Training takes a maximum period of 18 months for regular career course (RCC) officer cadets and 6 months for the short service and special duties commission (SSC/SD) officer cadets.
Can SHS graduate apply immigration?
All candidates are to satisfy the following requirements: Must be a Ghanaian citizen by birth with no criminal record. Must hold SSSCE/WASSCE Certificate with Five (5) passes including either English OR Maths. Must be of a minimum age of 18 and not more than 30 years by December 31, 2021.
Has Ghana immigration started training?
Has the Ghana Immigration Service started training? Yes, The Ghana Immigration Service has given all Shortlisted and successful applicants an appointment letter who are required to go for the training at the various centres.
Does immigration accept D7?
D7 is a pass and cannot be ignored when it comes to recruitment into the Ghana Immigration Service. Applicants with results between A1 to C6 may have an upper hand when the selection process becomes competitive at the preliminary stages.
What are the types of immigration in Ghana?
Visas issued in any of Ghana’s 56 Diplomatic Missions abroad cover single or multiple journeys for periods between Six months to Five years. Visas issued in Ghana, on the other hand, include Transit Visas, Emergency Entry Visas, Visas on Arrival and Re-Entry Visas.
What do immigration officers do in Ghana?
The Ghana Immigration Service is mandated to regulate and monitor the entry, residence, employment and exit of all foreigners. Movement of Ghanaians into and out of the country is equally monitored. Administering the rights of visitors to Ghana. Detecting and stopping threats at entry points.
What is the name of Ghana Immigration Service?
GIS Council – Ghana Immigration Service. The promulgation of the Immigration Service Act, 2016 [Act 908] on 8th March, 2016, witnessed some changes in the nomenclature of the institution due to specific provisions in the Act.
What are the ranks in Ghana Immigration Service?
- Comptroller – General of Immigration.
- Deputy Comptroller – General of Immigration.
- Commissioner of Immigration.
- Deputy Commissioner of Immigration.
- Assistant Commissioner of Immigration.
- Chief Superintendent of Immigration.
- Superintendent of Immigration.
What is the lowest rank in immigration service?
Passport Officers Which is the lowest rank. The Nigerian immigration Service (NIS) salary range from the Comptroller General salary which is the highest rank in the service earns up to N3million naira in a year while Passport officers which is the lowest rank starting salary can be as little as 33,000 Naira each month.
What are the ranks in immigration?
(3) The ranks of Assistant Immigration Officer, Immigration Officer, Senior Immigration Officer and Chief Immigration Officer were known as Immigration Sub-Inspector, Immigration Inspector, Senior Immigration Inspector and Chief Immigration Inspector respectively prior to 1971.
Does Ghana Immigration Service have a hospital?
IMMIGRATION SERVICE EXPANDS CLINIC FOR ENHANCED SERVICES The Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) has expanded its Clinic located at its national headquarters in Accra to provide enhanced and quality health care to its officers and stakeholders.