- Send out a questionnaire for planning input.
- Recruit and delegate tasks.
- Create a planning command center.
- Build a budget.
- Prepare a back-up plan.
- Communicate with attendees.
- Offer activities for everyone.
- Start the reunion with an icebreaker activity.
How do you plan a reunion picnic?
- Consult the Family. Before you begin, consult with your family regarding any special requests or considerations such as preferred dates or venue locations.
- Choose a Date.
- Decide the Budget.
- Choose a Location.
- Send Invitations.
- Plan the Menu.
- Plan the Entertainment.
- Delegate Responsibilities.
How do you plan and organize a family reunion?
- #1 Have the event well planned and organized.
- #2 Invite a wide range of relatives.
- #3 Have a wide range of activities.
- #4 Do activities that bring people together.
- #5 Have lots of time for just hanging out.
- #6 Make it longer if possible.
What should you not do at a family reunion?
- Don’t overschedule and don’t insist that everybody participate in every activity.
- Don’t forget to unplug.
- Don’t bring up topics that are fraught with tension: i.e., Aunt Linda’s fifth marriage, the recent antics of the black sheep of the family, or political discussions.
How do you make a family reunion memorable?
How do I plan a reunion checklist?
- Create a Committee. A committee is a key ingredient in planning any successful large event.
- Budget. When it comes to budgeting, you can fundraise for the event in a few different ways.
- Research a Date.
- Find a Venue.
- Advertise it.
- Decision Making.
- Choosing a Vendor.
- Finalize your Decisions.
What does a family reunion committee consist of?
A family reunion committee is a group of family members with common interest who are actively involved in the planning of the family reunion. A family reunion committee works together throughout the entire process, from planning to execution, and often organizes meetings to remain on the same page with said planning.
Who is invited to a family reunion?
If you have decided to stick with the immediate family including Great Grandparents and working down to the youngest generation remember to invite their spouses and make enough invitations for everyone. Inviting only the immediate family is usually preferred by first time family reunion planners.
How long is a family reunion?
The average family reunion trip lasts five days and includes eight adults and four children.
What is the purpose of a family reunion?
A family reunion is a celebration of that love and connection. These gatherings give everyone a chance to take a break from work and school, spend some quality time together and remember what’s uniquely wonderful about being part of the same family.
How do you ruin a family party?
- Eat All the Pie.
- Don’t Plan Ahead.
- Accidentally Make Everyone Sick.
- Let the Button-pushers Push Your Buttons.
- Ask for Money.
- Ask Pointed, Uncomfortable Questions.
- Drink. A Lot.
- Bring Up Politics.
How much should you charge for a family reunion?
Charge a Reunion Registration Fee Charge a traditional registration fee to families. Some families charge per family unit and others charge different prices based on age and family size. Average cost families are charging for their reunions are adults (ages 13 and over)- $70.00, children- $40.00.
How do you host a reunion?
- Get Organized, Stay Organized. Select people to head a reunion planning committee.
- Plan a Budget and Stick To It.
- Give People Ample Notice.
- Meaningful Activities at Reunion Party.
- Reunion Party Take-Away.
- Be Prepared.
- Confirm Your Bookings.
- Capture The Moment.
What are some good family themes?
- All-Sport or Olympic-Themed Reunion.
- Family History or Family Heritage Reunion.
- Sun, Sand and Surf Reunion Theme.
- Three-Ring Circus and Carnival Reunion Theme.
- There’s No Place Like Home – Wizard of Oz Theme.
What can I make for a family gathering?
- Poppy Seeds Turkey Sliders.
- Lighter Rotisserie Chicken Salad with Sriracha Almonds.
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders.
- Pimento Cheese.
- Slow-Cooker BBQ Beans.
- Pimento Cheese Scalloped Potatoes.
- Pasta Salad.
How do you plan a 50 year reunion?
- Schedule the date and time of the class reunion.
- Reserve a location for the 50th class reunion.
- Draft the class reunion guest list.
- Decide on the entertainment for the event.
- Plan the menu for the reunion.