Are you a Kenyan citizen dreaming of exploring the breathtaking landscapes of Canada? Planning to visit friends or family, pursue higher education, or seek employment opportunities? Obtaining a Canadian visa may seem like a daunting task, but with the right information and guidance, the process can be smoother than you think. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step procedure of getting a Canadian visa from Kenya, ensuring you are well-prepared for a successful application.
Understanding the Canadian Visa Process
Before diving into the specifics, let’s understand the Canadian visa process and the different types of visas available. Canada offers various visa categories, including visitor visas, study permits, work permits, and permanent residence. The type of visa you need will depend on the purpose of your visit and the duration of your stay.
Applying for a Visitor Visa
- Determine the type of visitor visa you require: The most common visitor visa is the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), which allows individuals to visit Canada for tourism, family visits, or business purposes. If you plan to study or work in Canada, you may need a different type of visa.
- Gather the required documents: To apply for a visitor visa, you will need essential documents such as a valid passport, proof of financial support, travel itinerary, and a letter of invitation (if applicable). Make sure all your documents are complete and up to date.
- Complete the application form: Fill out the application form accurately and truthfully. Double-check all the information before submission.
- Pay the application fee: Visit the official website of the Government of Canada to determine the current application fee. Ensure you have the necessary funds to cover the fee.
- Submit your application: Once you have completed the form and paid the fee, submit your application either online or in person at the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Attend a biometric appointment: As part of the application process, you may be required to provide your biometric information (fingerprints and photograph). Follow the instructions provided by the Canadian authorities regarding the biometric appointment.
- Wait for a decision: After submitting your application, the processing time can vary. Stay informed by regularly checking the status of your application online.
- Collect your passport and visa: If your application is approved, you will receive your passport with the visa affixed to it. Make sure to collect it from the VAC or provide appropriate instructions for its delivery.
Applying for a Study Permit
If you plan to pursue your education in Canada, you will need to apply for a study permit. Here’s how you can do it:
- Secure admission to a Canadian educational institution: Research and choose the educational institution that suits your academic goals. Apply and gain acceptance into the program of your choice.
- Gather the required documents: In addition to the general documents required for a visitor visa, you will need to provide a letter of acceptance from the educational institution, proof of financial support, and evidence of your ties to Kenya.
- Apply for a study permit: Fill out the application form for a study permit, ensuring accurate and complete information. Pay the required application fee.
- Submit your application: Submit your application online or in person at the VAC in Nairobi. Ensure you include all the necessary supporting documents.
- Attend a biometric appointment: Similar to the visitor visa application process, you may be required to attend a biometric appointment.
- Monitor the application status: Keep track of your application’s progress online, and be prepared to provide additional information if requested.
- Receive the study permit: Upon approval, you will receive your study permit. Make sure to read and understand the conditions mentioned on the permit.
Applying for a Work Permit
If you have a job offer from a Canadian employer, you will need to obtain a work permit. Follow these steps:
- Secure a job offer: Find an employment opportunity in Canada and obtain a written job offer from your prospective employer.
- Check eligibility: Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for a work permit. Some jobs may require a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from the employer.
- Gather the required documents: Along with the standard documents, you will need to provide a copy of the job offer letter, proof of your qualifications, and evidence of your ties to Kenya.
- Apply for a work permit: Complete the work permit application form and pay the required fee. Submit your application online or in person at the VAC.
- Attend a biometric appointment: If necessary, attend the biometric appointment as per the instructions provided.
- Track the application: Stay informed about your application’s progress and respond promptly to any additional information requests.
- Receive the work permit: Upon approval, you will receive your work permit, specifying the employer and duration of employment.
How To Get A Canadian Visa From Kenya?
You can download the visa application form, fill it in, print the completed form, and bring it with you to the Visa Application Centre for submission. You can also submit your online application directly to Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). Fill out the application form electronically.
How much does it cost to apply for a Canadian visa in Kenya?
Canada Visa Requirements for Kenyans Canadian Visa cost approximately 500,000 Ksh in Kenya. This is the cost Elisa Travel Agency charges its clients to help you move and settle in Canada. Their application process involve lawyers so you don’t have to worry about.
How long does it take to get a Canadian visitor visa in Kenya?
Visa processing usually take 30 to 35 working days. But this largely depends on the prompt submission of required documents as well as the meeting of eligibility norms.
How can a Kenyan move to Canada?
- Get an Invitation to Apply (ITA) through Express Entry.
- Through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Study in Canada to Qualify for a Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP)
- Work in Canada as a Farmworker or Caregiver.
- Obtain a Job Offer from a Designated Employer through the Atlantic Immigration Pilot (AIP) Program.
What are the requirements to apply for a Canadian visa?
- Your passport.
- Appropriate Canada visa application form.
- Proof of paid Canada visa fees.
- Proof of clean criminal record.
- Proof of being in good health through a medical exam.
- Photographs in accordance with the photo requirements for Canada visa.
Is it hard to get Canadian visa?
Immigration to Canada is not easy. There are many steps one has to take in order to successfully apply and get approved for Canadian immigration. Also, the process can take a number of months and in some cases a few years.
Can I go to Canada with Kenyan passport?
Yes, Kenya passport holders need a visitor visa to travel to, or transit through, Canada even if they hold a valid US visa.
Does Canada have an embassy in Kenya?
The High Commission provides consular services to Canadian citizens residing or travelling in Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, and Somalia.
Is Canada open for tourist visa?
At this time, you can come to Canada only if you’re eligible to travel – even if you already have a valid visitor visa or an eTA. Find out who can travel to Canada and current COVID-19 border measures.
How do I know my visa is approved Canada?
If you have applied your visa application through Post, then you need it until your passport comes back to you. Once your passport comes back to you then you can check inside. You will notice an approved stamp. This means that your Visa has been approved and now you can move to Canada.
How much money do you need to immigrate to Canada?
How Much Money do You Need to Immigrate to Canada? The cost of immigrating to Canada is generally about $2,300 CAD for a single applicant, or about $4,500 CAD for a couple.
How much does it cost to go to Canada from Kenya?
The cost-effective way to get from Kenya to Canada is to fly, which costs $430 – $850 and takes 18h 40m. What is the fastest way to get from Kenya to Canada? The quickest way to get from Kenya to Canada is to fly which costs $430 – $850 and takes 18h 40m.
What is the cheapest way to immigrate to Canada?
Family Sponsorship. The next most affordable way to move to Canada is through Family Sponsorship. You can apply for family sponsorship if you have a family member living in Canada who is either a Canadian Citizen or a Canadian permanent resident.
Who can sponsor me in Canada?
- Canadian citizen or.
- person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or.
- permanent resident of Canada.
Why Canada visa gets rejected?
Reasons for a Canadian Visa Rejection: Failure to provide proper and accurate supporting documents. Failure to show adequate financial resources to finance your travel to and stay in Canada. Failure to meet international security standards, such as in cases where the applicant has a criminal background.
How much bank statement is required for Canada visit visa?
If you are paying for your own trip, you must submit proof of sufficient funds to cover your travel and expenses in Canada. Provide the following: Original bank statements from your personal account for the past six months; • The last 6 months of pay slips.
Disclaimer: The information provided in this article is for general guidance purposes only and should not be considered legal advice. Immigration laws and procedures can change frequently, and it is advisable to consult with a qualified immigration professional or visit the official website of the Government of Canada for the most up-to-date information.