- Self assessment. Check you meet the requirements and calculate your points.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) Note the fees and offices information.
- Receive an Invitation to Apply (ITA)
- Submit a resident application.
- Receive your visa.
What is the easiest way to migrate to New Zealand?
- Immigrate as a “skilled immigrant”.
- Obtain a work visa or work permit.
- Invest in New Zealand.
- Obtain a long-term business visa.
- Request residence based on family status.
- Retire in New Zealand.
- Purchase a franchise in your current country.
- Plan your move to New Zealand.
How much money do you need to immigrate to NZ?
To apply you’ll need at least NZ$100,000 to invest, as well as a detailed business plan. This skilled migrant visa offers permanent residency to workers whose skills are in demand (on any of the shortage lists) but don’t have a job offer before arrival.
How do I qualify to immigrate to New Zealand?
- Identity. You must provide proof of your identity.
- Character. You must be of good character.
- Health. You must be in good health.
- English language. You must be able to speak English.
- Age. You must be 55 years or under when you apply for residence.
- Skilled employment.
- Work experience.
Is it hard to immigrate to New Zealand?
New Zealand is quite stringent on the number of immigrants it allows in the country each year. In most cases, immigration to New Zealand even requires being under the age of 55 and being a skilled worker. There are various visas allowing you to immigrate to New Zealand, the following are some of the most popular one’s.
What jobs are in demand in New Zealand?
- Nurse. Salary Range: NZD 52K to 80K per year.
- Administrative Assistant. Salary Range: NZD 47K to 71K per year.
- Child Welfare Worker. Salary Range: NZD 48K to 66K.
- Psychologist. Salary Range: NZD 72K to 103K per year.
- Machine Operator.
- Construction Worker.
Is it easy to get a job in New Zealand?
“Is it easy to get a job in New Zealand?” is probably one of the most asked questions we received from working holidaymakers. The good news is that, yes, it is very easy to get a job in New Zealand! Some of the jobs below are in such a high demand that employers will give a shot to anyone that just shows up.
Is there an age limit to emigrate to NZ?
The requirements for emigration to New Zealand are a little lower than to Australia. You can be aged up to and including 55 years old, and the list of occupations in demand by New Zealand includes more manual labour, such as bakers, scaffolders, roofers and parachute trainers.
What is the age limit for a working visa in New Zealand?
Most work visas do not have an age limit. The Working holiday visa is designed for young people, aged 18-30 or 35, depending on Citizenship. This option lets you travel and work in New Zealand for up to 12 months, or 23 months if you’re from the UK or Canada.
What’s the cost of living in New Zealand?
The average cost of living in New Zealand for a single person per month, not including rent, is 1,400 NZD (980 USD). For a family of four, it’s 4,500 NZD (3150 USD) per month. The rental costs will depend on which city you decide to move to, and whether you live in the city center or a bit further out.
How do I become a permanent resident in NZ?
If you have a New Zealand residence visa and have been living in New Zealand for 2 years or more, you may be eligible for a Permanent Resident Visa, which would allow you to travel to and from New Zealand any time you like.
What are the disadvantages of living in New Zealand?
Everything is expensive, lack of job/career opportunities, far from everywhere. Houses are too expensive, renting an apartment almost take all your salary. As much as we would like to see NZ expanding its population, there’s a lack of job opportunities for locals and new migrants which is the main drawback.
What is the cheapest place to live in New Zealand?
- Rotorua. With cheap rent, entertainment and food, Rotorua easily tops this list.
- Napier and Hastings. New Zealand’s high-end wine country is surprisingly cheap to live in.
- Palmerston North.
- New Plymouth.
Can I immigrate to New Zealand without a job offer?
Most individuals looking to migrate long-term will need a NZ job offer. Whether applying for a work visa or a residence visa under the Skilled Migrant Policy, most migrants are required to obtain an offer of skilled employment in New Zealand.
What is a good salary in New Zealand?
Is New Zealand better than Australia?
In 2019, New Zealand was ranked as the second safest country in the world. New Zealand has a lower crime rate than Australia. Plus, you won’t have to worry about any snakes!